Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
Universal Healthcare offers employers outstanding post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) services for employees who have been exposed to hazardous biological agents (HBAs) in the workplace.
Exposure may occur in the form of a needle stick injury (NSI) or through a splash or spill (for example, an eye splash). Universal Healthcare offers a range of services and interventions to ensure a timeous and appropriate response to any possible exposure to an HBA. We also offer employees support services such as confidential counselling.
Post exposure prophylaxis services include:
- 24-hour counselling and advice
- Intake and incident management
- Initiation of PEP starter pack medication
- Adherence counselling
- HIV pre-test counselling
- Pathology screening
- Referrals to HIV specialists when indicated
- Provision of the remainder of PEP medication when indicated
- Confidential reporting